MISSION, KS--(Marketwire - December 13, 2010) - (Family Features) Scrambling to tidy up the house before, during and after the arrival of holiday houseguests is one tradition that many Americans would like to simply forget. Between shopping for gifts, cooking elaborate meals, and reconnecting with loved ones, keeping the house clean can seem like the one chore that never gets checked off the holiday to-do list.
"Being a part of the families' homes for more than 80 years, we know that families want to spend more time together during the holidays," said Samuel Monnie, Director of Brand Management for Kenmore Floor Care Appliances. "Breaking your cleaning tasks down into a few easy steps can help you to spruce up your space, while still having plenty of time to enjoy the season."
The home cleaning geniuses at Kenmore have several simple ideas for a clean, healthy house during the holidays:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff. Focus your energy on the areas guests spend the most time in, like the family room, kitchen and guest baths and bedrooms.
2. Don't let allergies spoil the holiday cheer. Deep clean carpets and other allergy-ridden areas with the Kenmore Intuition Upright Vacuum: a HEPA filter combined with the HEPA cloth dust bag captures 99.97 percent of all particles down to .3 microns in size, keeping irritating allergens at bay. The vacuum also includes the Pet Handi Mate attachment that lets you quickly remove pet hair from furniture and more.
3. Consider mixing up a quick batch of homemade cleaner for an easy, green alternative to harsh chemical products. Mix two tablespoons of mild dishwashing soap and two cups of water in a spray bottle. Give it a shake and use anywhere you'd typically use a commercial all-purpose spray, like countertops, bathroom surfaces, and highchairs.
4. Save time by tackling multiple surfaces -- including hard to reach and clean areas -- with one versatile tool. The Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum cleans ceiling fans, shelves, tight corners and more with its unique 6-in-1 handle and extended reach wand. It also takes the hassle out of cleaning stairs with exclusive Stair Grip design, which keeps the vacuum upright on steps without slipping.
5. Most importantly, relax. The holidays can be hectic but be sure to appreciate the special times spent with loved ones, making memories that will last a lifetime.
"Holiday preparation doesn't have to mean a spotless house," Monnie said. "But planning ahead and prioritizing cleaning tasks go a long way toward a stress-free holiday season."
Give yourself a break this year by choosing the right equipment and getting a head start on holiday preparations. For more information about Kenmore vacuums and floor care products designed with busy families in mind, visit www.kenmore.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images