INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Potentially dangerous chemicals can be found in every room in your home.
“Any products in your house are a poison,” explains IU Health Dr. Salvatore Migliore.
Dr. Migliore says it’s important we know air fresheners, cleaning products and even burning candles can all cause us harm, if we use them too often.
“The father of toxicology says the dose makes the poison. Therefore, anything that you actually use will be toxic if you take too much of it, get exposed to too much of it,” said Dr. Migliore.
According to a study by the Environmental Working Group, 53 percent of cleaning products under review contain lung-harming ingredients. Windshield wiper fluid, for example, contains methanol, which can cause blindness. Dryer sheets contain trace amounts of formaldehyde and benzene, which is a known carcinogen.
More at source: CBS
Find A Green Cleaning Service Here