- When bleach fumes mix with a citrus compound found in many household cleaners, they can form ultrafine particles like those found in smog.
- This compound is called limonene and is usually relatively mild but in large amounts can irritate the eyes, throat, lungs and skin.
- Some green products may be safer than traditional bleach, but some experts say using vinegar and baking soda can also be non-toxic way to clean your home.
The smell of bleach has long been associated with a clean home, especially during cold and flu season.
But a group of researchers learned that when bleach fumes mix with a citrus compound found in many household cleaners, it can create potentially harmful airborne particles — for you and your pets.
More at source: Healthline
Find A Green Cleaning Service Here
Discuss This Article Here
More Cleaning & Janitorial News Here